Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Linux is just so gay

I was setting up a laptop that someone gave me the other day, replacing the old Microsoft Windows OS with Linux. As I was working it occured to me that using Linux is a lot like being gay. Linux machines comprise less than 5% of the computer population, they are misunderstood by the vast majority. Their needs and even existance are ignored by the 95% who don't share their "orientation", and last but not least they are smarter, cooler and more versatile than their counterparts.

I have to admit though, that unlike sexual orientation, using Linux is a choice. One that I made a year and a half or so ago after spending way too much time and money working to keep one step behind those who unleash viruses, malware, worms and all the other threats looking for victims.

I read a comment the other day from a Windows fan who declared "The only thing that keeps Linux from coming under the same kind of daily attacks as Windows is that so few people use it!" Well, maybe he's right. So? As long as I don't have to run anti-virus programs, spyware programs or worry about my machine being turned into a "bot", I'm quite happy, thank you. Then there is the whole thing about saving money, both on the OS, and on the programs. You know that most of the programs that Windows users pay extra for are available for free for Linux?

So go ahead and say it - Linux is just so gay.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Warren said...

Using Linux is not a choice. Think about it. When you were involved with MS, didn't you feel that something was missing, that you weren't quite entirely fulfilled?

And then one day you experimented, and discovered a whole new range of possibilities, discovered what real satisfaction was, felt that sense of clarity and understanding lock in with an almost physical click — Aha! Yes, that's it; that's what I've been missing!

"Choice", you say? Nay, say I!

(Now as for Linux vs. OSX — that probably is a choice. ;)

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That was deep. What a retrad. You and Warren should be married - I understand it's legal in seven states now.
You could even compare your faux vaginas, which obviously fuel your passions for writing such intellectually-void and nauseatingly effeminate tripe.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so linux is happy?

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, "so linux is happy?"... Childish... Everybody knows the real meaning of gay... Everybody who actually uses the real meaning is most likely to be gay... Not a proven fact, but to me, a very high beliefe... Gay a** little kid talk...

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay anonymous haters

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home